Sisters

Sisters

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Arbitrary Paris


More picturesque Paris, with sassy commentary.


We didn't go up it, we just gazed up from down below-- mostly because we were disappointed to learn they closed the zipline ride that ran from the second level a few weeks ago.  Still, it's hard to take a lousy picture of the Eiffel Tower.



I tried to crop all the cops with machine guns out of this picture of the Arc de Triomphe.



You can kinda see why they need the guns though.  I mean, look how badass we look.


Not gonna lie: I nursed this tall cappuccino for ninety minutes, because I'm cheap and this cafe had free wifi.


Also took this artsy selfie there, same cafe.  Owner thought I was a dingbat photographing myself, I could tell.  This shot is me frantically photographing myself while trying not be be seen by him, but because I made it black and white I look supercool and calm.  Also, modest.


See how I have made it look like it never rains in Paris with these pics?  That is a lie of omission.  It has rained a lot. I'm trying to shield you from the bad stuff, guys.  You're welcome.


Soph pointed out these Mona Lisa dinner napkins and the other million different Mona Lisa products sold in the gift shop of the Louvre. "I love how they really downplay the fact that they have the Mona Lisa here," she said.  I realize now that I'm posting this that I took no pictures of the actual Mona Lisa painting itself, but I have at least six pictures of all the ML merch you can buy.  What does that say, exactly?


"Again Mom?  Really?" Soph said for about the hundredth time when I stopped to take this.  "Shut up, I'm artsy," I replied.


This is in fact how we spend most of our time, on the Metro. At least one of us is practicing our 'blue steel' look like a pro.


Sophie in the middle of traffic in the middle of the Champs-Elysees.  I wanted to get a better shot since this one has her eyes closed but I also wanted us both to live, so this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment