Sisters

Sisters

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Looking Up


Everyone with money in medieval and Renaissance times had elaborately decorated ceilings. Not just the bedrooms, every room. The whole palace.  Why? It hurts your neck to keep looking up there. I bet some of their conversations about these ceilings went something like this:

King: Why’d you set your alarm so early?

Queen: Shh, I’ve snoozed it.  I need nine more minutes.

King: But the thing is you don’t have a job or anything. You don’t have anywhere to go. Starbucks hasn’t been invented yet so it’s not like you need to line up for an iced coffee before you start a long commute or something.

Queen: I don’t even really know what ice is.

King: My point exactly.

Queen: But I feel someone should really get up and yell at the servants to dust all the gold frames on the paintings in the dining room though.

King: Honey, we haven’t been in there in months.

Queen: I was planning on laying down on the floor in there later so I could look at the ceiling.

King:  Really? Why?

Queen:  I don’t have much else to do.

King: True. Ok. While we’re here, perhaps we should enjoy the ceiling in here then? Were looking up at it already anyway, and you’ve still got a few minutes before that alarm goes.

Queen: Sure, why not. Ok. What’s going on here, exactly?

King: Who knows? I like how her boob is hanging out though, that’s fun.

Queen: And he’s wearing a silly helmet.

King: Yes he is. Good stuff.

*alarm sounds*









No comments:

Post a Comment